Monday, July 27, 2009

We are out of the first trimester!!

So we have completed the first trimester and I must say that things are going great!! we had our 12 week appointment on 7/24 and got to hear the babies heartbeat that is good and strong!! We did find out that I scored low on the Down Syndrome test they like your numbers to be atleast 2,000 mine was 1,790ish...So on Wednesday we will be having a special ultrasound done called a Nuchial Translucency Scan where they will measure the thickness of the skin on the back of the babies neck to measure if the baby has a normal or greater than normal chance of having some birth defects. We are feeling pretty good about it and just staying positive that everything will be just fine!! We have had several family members/friends score way lower on their blood work and everything turned out just fine! Plus we get to see our baby!!

I am finally starting to look pregnant!! I have put on about 4 pounds so far which isn't a lot but it is something that I need to keep an eye on since I'm already a little overweight. Attached is a picture of me somewhere between 4 and 6 weeks and then the other one is 11 1/2 weeks...2 weeks ago. I will take another picture on Wednesday night of the belly and post it in my update on the NTS as well as any ultrasound pictures that we get (hopefully a few!). I felt the baby move for the first time last week it ws the most amazing feeling I have ever felt! The strange little flutter in my stomach that made me go "what in the world was that???" Anyways I just wanted to stop in and give you all an update!! I will talk to you on Wednesday!!

somewhere between 4 and 6 weeks:

11 weeks and 3 days! It's a big difference!! I'm starting to get that Pregnant belly look! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment